We’ve just passed our one year Auntie-versary and, not that we’re ones to wax polemic, we thought it worth mentioning a few things about Auntie This. 😉
Auntie This is a collective blog written by several people in collaboration and with the support and input of a larger group of people who have been working, formally and informally, to combat racism and hate speech against First Nations people.
The owners of this blog have been in contact with law enforcement about the hate speech documented on these pages and we have provided our full names and contact information to the authorities with our statements.
The purpose of the page is to:
– Expose use of misinformation and stereotyped rhetoric.
– Air the misinformation in order to create space for the Truth.
This page supports anti-oppression. This page has a no-tolerance policy towards any racism, sexism, classism, homophobia, transphobia, ablism or any other manifestation of the Kyriarchy. Comments, photos, or postings of this nature will not be tolerated. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyriarchy
– Respectful discussion please!!!
– Users found to be grossly and/or repeatedly in violation of the guidelines will be removed.
– Although it should go without saying, anything you post publicly on the internet is PUBLIC. If you do not wish to be held accountable for posting on the internet, you’d be well advised to consider that BEFORE posting.
– As indicated on the comment screen, your IP will be tracked should you choose to post a comment here.
WE ALSO HAVE A HOTMAIL: StopOnlineHate@hotmail.com
We encourage anyone who wishes to discuss anything relating to our page and our activities to send us an email. We’d love to hear from you. In fact we couldn’t have made the inroads in confronting online hate if it wasn’t for the contributions and input from many many many wonderful people, just like you. Thank you.
PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION: